Wednesday, August 12, 2015

10 Broken Spokes.

After a precious shower and my first night in a real bed I took off with Teddy who rode with me 20 miles.
I continued on to Webster with threat of rain and when I got there and found a nice County Fair Grounds and a Pavilion the rain started in earnest. This is my camp for the night and thank God I found it. It rained all night and I would estimate 3" came down.
When I woke to clear weather and after I explored Webster I pulled back into the pavilion and heard a tinkling sound. Inspecting my back wheel; I discovered 10 broken spokes. This picture is of my first episode with broken spokes in Buffalo City with 4 broken spokes. It is a lot of work to unload, turn the bike upside down, get the wheel off, fix the spokes, adjust the spokes, put the wheel back on, turn it back up and load all the stuff and batteries back on.
Here's the broken spokes. I only had 7 to replace them so it was back to Teddy's house.
Which was cool.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great adventure you're on. Glad you found protection from the weather in the pavilion.

    ReplyDelete