Monday, January 21, 2013
She's Bradford Pear has been needing some pruning for a while. The last time I worked on it was after the Ice Storm almost destroyed it 4 years ago. It had recovered but there was way too many interfering branches and it was hard to get around or under it. There was a lot of pruning to do and a lot of branches to clean up. Before I started on the tree I worked on the big cart; putting on new tires and finishing the tongue. Then I took out the back board so it could haul long brush. The big cart had no trouble taking all the brush; which I cut down narrow so it would all fit. There wasn't any real difference using the Bike equipment or a truck. The trailer was plenty big for the job and it could have hauled more than I put on it. I kept it hooked up to the bike and when it was full I pulled away as if I was going to haul the brush off. Actually I hauled it with the car because I had to go several miles but if I had a closer site it would have worked fine and the bike could pull it. Big Cart and Tools.
Saturday, January 19, 2013
It was a big day that began by finishing a lot of the things I worked on and painted this week. Then She and I made a lot of photographs. Then I hooked up the ladder and loaded it and the bike with equipment as if I was going to go out and do a job. She took lots of photos of it going down the hill; testing brakes and then back up and seeing how well I could pull the hill with a full load. Everything performed perfectly and then we weighed it. Empty the bike weighs 48 lbs. With equipment; 195 lbs. So I added 147 lbs. It would be a little more with the big saw and more ropes and spikes; as much as 50 lb more; but I think I could still stop it and pull a big hill. Experiment; a Success!! Parts of the Xtracycle Hitch. To keep from scratching paint I used pieces of PVC pipe.
Friday, January 11, 2013