Monday, January 21, 2013

1/21/2013 Checking out the Tree/Bike equipment on a Job.

She's Bradford Pear has been needing some pruning for a while. The last time I worked on it was after the Ice Storm almost destroyed it 4 years ago. It had recovered but there was way too many interfering branches and it was hard to get around or under it. There was a lot of pruning to do and a lot of branches to clean up. Before I started on the tree I worked on the big cart; putting on new tires and finishing the tongue. Then I took out the back board so it could haul long brush. The big cart had no trouble taking all the brush; which I cut down narrow so it would all fit. There wasn't any real difference using the Bike equipment or a truck. The trailer was plenty big for the job and it could have hauled more than I put on it. I kept it hooked up to the bike and when it was full I pulled away as if I was going to haul the brush off. Actually I hauled it with the car because I had to go several miles but if I had a closer site it would have worked fine and the bike could pull it. Big Cart and Tools.
Bike, Cart, Me and Tree.
Loading Brush
Pulling Brush to Cart. Actually this equipment has an advantage in being able to pull right up to the tree and loading it so pulling brush is much easier
Full load/w/tools stowed in the brush.
Getting on the Bike; pulling full Cart.
Hauling it. So easy!
Pretending to dump the load.
Actually; cart hooked up to car's back rack to haul off the brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment