Saturday, January 19, 2013

1/19/2013 Finish and Show.

It was a big day that began by finishing a lot of the things I worked on and painted this week. Then She and I made a lot of photographs. Then I hooked up the ladder and loaded it and the bike with equipment as if I was going to go out and do a job. She took lots of photos of it going down the hill; testing brakes and then back up and seeing how well I could pull the hill with a full load. Everything performed perfectly and then we weighed it. Empty the bike weighs 48 lbs. With equipment; 195 lbs. So I added 147 lbs. It would be a little more with the big saw and more ropes and spikes; as much as 50 lb more; but I think I could still stop it and pull a big hill. Experiment; a Success!! Parts of the Xtracycle Hitch. To keep from scratching paint I used pieces of PVC pipe.
Hitch; showing u bolts.
Hitch installed.
Hooked up small cart with newly painted tongue.
Installing newly fabricated and painted big cart tongue.
Hooked up to big cart.
Ladder Tongue.
Gear going onto Xtracycle.
Gear stowed in bags.
Moving out with gear.
Approaching the decline.
Heading along, down the road.
Coming Back.
Making the turn.
Pedaling hard up the hill.
Making it up the hill.
Riding in a circle and appearing to be going the opposite way of the ladder.
Back at home. With all that weight and the hill I got a good workout in about a quarter mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment