Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Hay for the Hay Ride. 6/18/2013

I was a bit nervous about doing it but I put my big cart behind Big EZE and went 10.5 miles to the Farm Store and got a bale of Hay for tonight's Hay Ride. I could have done it in my car and it would have cost about $2.00 for gas but I decided to do it with the ebike and it cost 20 cents for electricity and a few calories. It was a nice cool morning,85 degrees and fresh after the rain we had last night. There wasn't much traffic and I had no cars behind me when I was going the slowest; 8 mph up the steepest part of the half mile hill. Only one car got behind me on the main road to the highway and my speed was 12 at the slowest and 31 at the fastest. People were interested and the girl at the Farm Store said she would like to ride in it. On the way home I pulled over at the Ambulance Station and visited some paramedics who were taking a break and the guy said he had worked on electric cars and told me about it. The Woman went in and brought a friend out to see the bike and they took my picture. The first battery died at 16 miles so the second one got me home EZEly. It was fun and EZE to pull a 40lb trailer 10 miles to the Farm Store and haul a 60 lb hay bale back home 10 miles. The e-assist has taken me over 500 miles so far and today when I needed it to pull an extra load it performed superbly. Golden Motor Magic Pie 3 trials a perfect success so far. Charley

No comments:

Post a Comment